FPGEE Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

timelines...

4 posters

Go down

timelines... Empty timelines...

Post  orchidthief88 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:55 pm

it's a long road...will it all be worth it?

From what I understand, after the FPGEE is written, and assuming all has gone well and you've passed, and assuming you've passed your TOEFL as well, it'll take approximately 3 months or so to get your FPGEC. Then it will take the state board time to get your new intern application processed - in California, it's 6 - 8 weeks. Canadians are in the unique position, as are Mexicans, to be sponsered on a TN visa instead of an H1B. I'm not sure what length of time is associated with that process. The H1B sponsorship can really take ages. Then when you start your internship it could take up to 8 months to complete, depending on which state you go to. Then you'll have to write your NAPLEX and jurisprudence. All in all, it's going to be a really long time before you're licensed in the States. Will it all be worth it??

orchidthief88

Back to top Go down

timelines... Empty Re: timelines...

Post  aleksandra Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:11 am

well it's a tough question. we have to believe it is worth it cause otherwise we wouldnt even have the motivation to do anything.i keep telling myself that one day (hopefully soon:)) i will look back and be proud of myself for making an attempt to change my life. one day i woke up and realized this is the time to make changes and do something for myself. later on it might be too late. i know this is going to be a long process but it will pay off. i have been hearing a lof of rumours that it is no longer easy for pharmacists to find good jobs in the us, especially for foreign pharmacists. however i do believe that once we pass all the exams the situation on the job market will be better.

i am planning to look for internship as soon as i pass fpgee.i probably wont wait until i pass the toefl. in florida u can do that, as long as you pass the exams by the time you finish your internship. so thats good. it might actually save some time.

and now im just trying to get to florida but got stuck in poland due to this freaking volcanic ash !!!

aleksandra

Back to top Go down

Post  orchidthief88 Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:32 am

Yep you're right you're right!

Even if it takes a long time to get there, it doesn't make me want it any less. So! I've flipped through all my documents and checked them twice. Next business day they will be off in the mail to the NABP.

Here's my checklist (ECE already done):
- FPGEE application filled out
- 2 passport sized photos within 3 months of application - 1 notarized on application, the other blank
- $800USD (ouch!) money order
- official transcript
- proof of degree
- proof of licensure (mine is a letter of good standing)
- photocopy of photo ID, notarized

Ready to rock n' roll

orchidthief88

Back to top Go down

Post  simplereg Mon May 17, 2010 1:23 am

hey when did you submit your application...coz i applied my application last week may 11 and i'm just confused because the only documents i passed is the proof of registration. the transcript and proof of degree i submitted to the ece ( 2 sets) i thought that the ece will forward the other set to the nabp Crying or Very sad

simplereg

Back to top Go down

Post  orchidthief88 Mon May 17, 2010 6:55 am

hiya. I submitted my documents a few weeks ago to the NABP, and my ECE I got in early April. I didn't know that the ECE would forward anything but their evaluation to the NABP, so I sent a second set of things to the NABP. I was only reading later on the forums that they can forward stuff to the NABP, but I never saw anything like that in the application bulletin - maybe I missed it. I formed my checklist after combing through the NABP application bulletin for the FPGEE, but I remember that the blue sheet that accompanied the application itself that we received in the mail had a much shorter list - it was just the things you mentioned plus their fees. I was confused by this and so I just sent everything the bulletin had talked about just in case, but it could be that their application bulletin just needs to be updated. I think most people are just sending the stuff on the blue sheet because it is likely the most current info on how to submit the application. I hope that puts your mind at ease a bit!

orchidthief88

Back to top Go down

Post  simplereg Mon May 17, 2010 6:48 pm

hey...i already called the NABP and asked my dilemma they told me not to worry coz the ECE will forward the result together with the documents (TOR and diploma). And they told me that they only require the proof of registration/license and other supporting documents such as Marriage certificate (for change of name)...have you finished at least half of the CPR...im tensed because of too many topics to cover

simplereg

Back to top Go down

Post  orchidthief88 Thu May 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Guys I just got my confirmation letter that I will be sitting the exam on Sep 30th!! I'm so happy there were no problems - I kept expecting that I would be missing something or have to troubleshoot as it seems so many must do, but it looks like I'm all systems go now!

orchidthief88

Back to top Go down

timelines... Empty great!!

Post  roseflower Fri May 28, 2010 2:57 pm

congratulations..

roseflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: